Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hey, Big Spender...

Despite my celibate ways, I often joke that I'm in a deep and committed relationship... With Kuwait. 

Kuwait. Where do I start? Is there even an end? Are you still reading this? Good.

This country is what it is. Meanwhile, in another galaxy, I'm me. Unfortunately, neither reality is changing anytime soon. So like oil and water, we're simply not meant to be. Not without a third party anyways (Scientifically speaking, this third party would be an emulsifier. Don't say my blog isn't informative!). While I crave conversation and progressive change, Kuwaitis seem to yearn for something else entirely. That thing varies from person to person, but the one constant that never changes is the need want for money.

Seeing as how I am now Kuwaiti, you would think I'd be pretty excited about the 1000kd gift being granted to each citizen in honor of Kuwait's upcoming milestone anniversaries, right? WRONG. I have no interest in money. I never have and I'll be damned if I ever will. Like I said, I don't care for money. Give me paper and a decent pen, and I'm content. However, I digress. What was I talking about? Oh yes, Kuwait. I'll keep this short. Ready? No? Too bad.

Kuwait, I love you, but things need to change. You know what I'm talking about. As a people, you should be encouraging your government to spend grants/gifts like this one on areas that need the financial support. Your crippled educational system, faulty streets and questionable medical services all spring to mind. 

In short: Your government is there for you. Please try to be there for your country.

I remember first hearing this song almost 10 years ago. At the time, I recall thinking that I would someday dedicate this song to whoever I ended up falling in love with (There's still time). Well, here I am today. I love you Kuwait, and I want to see you better. This is my gift to you.

I didn't quite understand the meaning of this song then, but I do today... and so here I am, ten years later, dedicating it to you. 
 

Hoping you'll spend some time,

S.

PS - Like that fateful feline, curiousity is my fault. So tell me, what are you going to do with your 1000kd?

No comments:

Post a Comment