This job really doesn't pay well.
The Expatess. Kuwait University. A digital camera. Wit.
No one, and nothing, was safe.
(The following is one of a few photo-heavy posts I've made as an homage to my first semester at Kuwait University. Enjoy, and take it all with a pinch of salt. No Kuwaitis were (permanently) harmed in the making of this series.) (Unfortunately). (Also, I hate disclaimers. Damn my politically-correct Canadian ways).
*Cue Paparazzi by Lady Gaga*
- Because nothing makes a house a home like day-glow pistachio green paint. (That was a mouthful to say!). I drive by this... "house" every morning. The words "morning" and "sickness" come to mind... *Rolls down car window*
- I christened this thing The Birth Canal. I pass through it every morning, and it's a very painful and very intense experience... EVERY TIME. I've yet to find stretch marks, but it's only a matter of time.
|PUSH! Or.. Not.|
- These flowers were the closest thing to Christmas decorations we had at KU. Well, that and the red Starbucks cups. It's sad on several, albeit refreshing and minty, levels...
- I found my (unauthorized) biography at KU. Contrary to recent reports, I am NOT amused.
|You'll be hearing from my lawyers...|
- Despite what they'll have you think, we do indeed have Gay Pride at KU. It's just that it's slyly encrypted within common, everyday objects. How can you have a campus with that many sequins and homophobia? Answer: You can't. *Cue Cyndi Lauper's True Colors*
- I found this in the library as well. I'm telling you it doesn't get any more Gay-friendly than KU Khaldiya...
|This King is "Queen". Also, this "Queen" is a man.|
- They had a chocolate expo at KU the other day. The goods sold out before I got a chance to snap any pictures, but there was plenty of eye candy... I know, I'm horrible. Sue me.
|Cheap as dirt! (Get it? Because the Geological.. Forget it).|
- Speaking of shoving things down one's throat... (Again, SUE ME) It's hard for one as receptive as myself to ignore all the religious undertones at KU. The following was found scrawled on a wall in the girl's lounge. I use the word "lounge" loosely.
|God needs to get a new advertising agency...|
- Speaking of God, this sticker mishap proves one exists.
|I've been saying this for years now. This is divine proof.|
- You CAN NOT make this shit up. You can, however, buy it every Wednesday at our cafeteria. Yummy!
|Where do I even start?|
- One of several short-cuts I've found (read: made up) in KU. I've dubbed this bad boy Rape Alley. Also, I once saw a cockroach kill a cat here. I wish I were joking. I might be. Or not.
|Sometimes the cockroaches offer me ciggies.|
- As far as I'm concerned, these neon-orange flowers are the plants that Knafa is made of. Am I right, or am I right?
|Stalkers take note: I HATE Knafa.|
- Because I want to end things on a funny note, here's a picture of the women's prayer hall/cubicle/my occasional nap spot. Yes, I'm aware I'm most likely going to Hell (If one exists). See you there!
|It's like sleeping on a cloud. In heaven. Goodnight!|