Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fallen Leaves


It's that time of year again. It's September. 
September (October when I was a kid, because it meant Halloween and candy) is my favorite month of the year, hands down. My Julys always play themselves out in colorful ways year after year, but that's a post for another time. Back to my point, I love September. Love it, adore it and eagerly anticipate its arrival every year. This year is particularly indulgent because I graduated from hell school (high school) this past June, and so that unfortunate cloud of gloom that would muddy September's lovely glow is forever gone from my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful I was born into a life that meant I have access to an education, but attending four different high schools does not make an already tumultuous process go by any smoother.
My favorite things about September in Canada are (read: were):
  1. The leaves changing color. Walking to and from school was a visual feast bursting with golds, reds, oranges.....I really miss that. 
  2. Getting back to school, and just in time. At this point in the Summer, I've watched all the movies I can, read everything in sight and overstayed my welcome at the YMCA and nearby mall.
  3. The advent of all my favorite TV shows airing again! 
  4. September is the ultimate countdown to all the best holidays: Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah.
  5. Terry Fox day.
  6. It's cooled down enough to enjoy Tim Hortons again. I really miss Timmy Ho's....you can keep your Starbucks and Caribou Coffee.
So, yeah. I've been feeling very nostalgic lately and my enthusiasm for KU fluctuates like the fledgling stock market.....One day I'm pumped, and the next I'm worried. Time will tell how it goes, so I'm just going to file my worries away until September 26, and I'll report back and let the blogosphere know how it went. 

What's your favorite month of the year, and why? 

Raking the imaginary leaves,

S.






No comments:

Post a Comment